Posts Tagged ‘wormintruder-collage’
“You need a ‘jump to conclusions’ map, so you’ll know exactly where to land.”
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wormintruder/5979153703 ( Alternate View )
And just when everyone thought it couldn’t get any worse…it does.
::shakes head:: Oy vey~
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wormintruder/5350734711/sizes/o – (larger view)
“From the very moment of inception, the concept of money relentlessly choked us by our leashes…never contrary.”
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wormintruder/5324389130 (larger view)
ps: I’ve been posting some random photography on my flickr page as of recent — check it out, if you’re interested in seeing what happens when a worm gets behind the camera :D
I recently finished up some art designs for my friend Dusty Wright ( Culture Catch Ambassador / Laudable Musician ) who released an Xmas cover single for the 2010 holiday season.
This is not the version he ended up using — however, I felt a strong desire to post it here on my site because I happen to love the direction it took — and, it is also closest to the nsfw Wormintruder style as can get for this project.
Make sure to check out the version he used for the cover art too, ( flickr link below ) — the simplicity, which focuses more on him as the center art piece, is exactly as should be.
On a personal artists note: I love knowing that without the initial photo he provided for me to work with, this piece would not have transpired as it did – His hand extending the ornament to viewer really seals all the directional aspects which in turn inspired both pieces artistically. Major Baus.
If you want some happy holiday music to cheer up your eardrums, click on over to Dustys’ website where download links are provided~
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wormintruder/5286891699 ( Cover Art Version )
When I stared into her eyes, it became apparent we both knew what was coming next. And so we just stood there, staring out into that distance beyond ourselves — awaiting the arrival of clouds~
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wormintruder/5236819861 (larger view)
RK Sloane and Jez Velasquez
Sean Ross (dsr) – ‘The Ghost’ – Music
Mantra: Let’s get it on…
Back after a long hiatus.
To say much has happened during my absence would be quite an understatement. Putting false drama aside, let me just say that there is nothing quite like the near death of a family member to aid in shelving any previous issues once initially thought of as ‘important’.
Making art fell completely off my ‘to do’ list until just recently.
This past summer my Mom became seriously ill, and almost died. Every day proceeding her hospitalization, has been spent nursing her back to a sustainable health level. This has not been an easy task.
Here we are many months later, and she is still not completely well — she has also come out of this episode partially blind. But, at least she is still alive, and everything else around us seems to be slowly getting better. That she can still laugh at all gives us both comfort.
If you have followed my journal throughout these past years, then you already understand that this road I am traveling with my Mom has been wrecked with personal tragedy, as she has been ill for quite some time — but, it has also not helped to have lost my Father and Brother in such a short time frame either. In fact, it has weakened our family structure immensely to have this happen in our lives. And then this recent situation occurred…
I am not unlike most with a clear perspective on what is important. My Mom remains one of the dearest human beings in my life. And, she is also one of the few whom I love with all of my heart. So, keeping her well for as long as possible is top priority.
My days / afternoons / evenings are now completely filled with scheduled meal planning, medication dispensing, keeping her company throughout the sadness and physical pain. Some days are better than others, with us taking each moment as it arrives. Making art happens between the hourly clock alarms.
So, anyway…thanks for hanging in there with me, dear reader. Bet you thought I was gone, right? Not a chance! The wormhole lives onnnn :) hehehe!
Okay, one last thing and I’m off…check out the Blood Into Wine flick if you haven’t already — GREAT documentary.
Be back soon~
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wormintruder/5007326430 (larger view sizes)
Some say she was unequivocally bitten by the darkened headlights of insexXx.
Got my first edition of prints in the mail a couple of days ago, and I am ecstatic about the turnout. They look amaaaazing! Have a look, and dare to tell me otherwise ;)
Working on my next edition. BBS~
“I opened the door, and there he stood in a puddle of rainwater. He said terrible things were holding him down. Said he felt like he was carrying an invisible bomb as big as the world on his back.”
“Fingertips haunted by the ardent desire to touch face. Fallen hair spiraling the contours of mere suggestion leading to embrace.”
I dreamt that I told you everything.
Therefore, I suppose it should be considered a gift of love for having not?
To safely get through alive and with health intact. Onward we travel towards the objective~
Happy New Year, Everyone! :)
So this year went by really fast.
Lots of changes. Lots of things staying the same too. I personally am not going to express a bah humbug’ish attitude about any of the things that didn’t happen though – Because, I am mostly glad to have lived through another year safely and sound! Hellls Fuckkkin Xmass Belllls Yeaaah!!! I want more, more, more!!! hehehe :)
Into 2010 we go…
Love life. Love nature. Love family. Love humanity.
Strive for world peace~
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wormintruder/4198987455 ( alternate greeting – I )
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wormintruder/4198987285 ( alternate greeting – II )
True: I allow for my art to speak its own truth.
False: I do not know when to finish the process.
Onward with the hat fashions ;)
“Everybody lies about lying. And supposedly no one does it except me.”
“Words have nothing to do with receipt! Definitions remain free of price tag! Let me tell you as I think! Look at me! I know everything! I will guide you through life unto death!”
“The root system of our belief serves as a means to take. Mass dispersion serves as a means to consume. Buyer, seller become one.”
“Once upon a time there was a world that ate itself up to the very last crumb.”
“My mirror crushed, I am weeping. Shards embedded deep within my awareness. I cannot run far enough away. This world reflects a vision so very sorrowful, with journeys end beginning inside of self.”
“I wish I could heal the wound, but I cannot.”
“Uhm…Where does one run to after reaching such conclusions?”
She looks up to her screen and reads a message by him…
“lets go camping“
“She strutted in with veins shaped like wishbones”
Projects slowwwllllyyyy being accomplished. Sliming, cutting, pasting, digi-manipulatin’, and posting. All in a days work too! Love staying this busy :)
Hope everyone is well out there~
1) In New York one need not consider the existance of other geographies.
2) The drive away co. kept our $150.00 deposit. They claim we stole the C.B. radio and burnt holes in the upholstery.
3) We live in an apartment we call a box (home sweet box, there’s no place like box, bless this box.) The landlords call it a studio, which is a very polite way of putting it. It’s a sub-sub-sublet and the landlord found out so we have to vacate said box at the end of the month. We have to find a real place to live anyway – so they can bang they box upside they haid.
4) I work at a sign shop doing layouts (drawings) for $250.00 a week (not enuf) It’s a good shop, and I’ll probably be making more money soon – just have to prove myself. The guy I work with, a brit named Ansley is an ex- record producer and indi- label head (rasta, funk, r&b) his wife couldn’t hack all the musician types + coerced him into moving to Brooklyn. He’s got a reggae buddy who wants to put a studio in his basement and Ansley has the bucks and the temptation so he’ll probably get into it again. I hate working for a living.
5) Run DMC are the kings of rock and their heralds blast them on the street everywhere.
6) I paint all the time – I’m working on six paintings. The east village gallery scene is uninspiring, so is everything else (soho, midtown, noho) but it’s summer and rather low key. The work I’ve seen is lame, no craft, no ideas, no guts.
7) Liberty weekend was wierd.
8) I haven’t thought of playing music – although there is a lot to go listen to. All the bands bitch about the lack of clubs (they keep getting closed down) I hate the door men at the ones that are open.
9) New York stinks something awful in the summertime.
10) The buildings and streets are beautiful, a frontal continuous wall of hard textures broken by non sensical decoration like it’s just been caught ripping off your t.v. set. I walked to work from the subway for almost 2 weeks before I noticed the empire state building was only a few blocks away looming over me like just another bunch of windows and bricks. When I noticed I realized I was only paying attention at street level. I look all around me now. Fuck’em if they think I’m a tourist – I am always.
11) If we get hungry at night, we can go eat anywhere. All night long. New York’s agogo + everything tastes nice
12) A man attacked commuters with a samari sword at the statten island ferry last week – god told him to kill all Haitians + people from the midwest.
13) I have seen John Lurie, Allen Ginzburg, Stiv Bators, Bernard Goetz and various bums who used to be somebody on the streets.
14) I hope there’s not a garbage strike this summer.
15) Fuck is used every other word here. The best was fuck you you fucking fuck.
16) All you guys should be here.
17) I have learned to eat while I walk.
18) We went to check out a homestead building (squatters) on our block, everybody bummed cigs. The entrance way was huge but filled with trash, no electricity, water or heat, just an empty shell of the building. We walked past the entry in the dark, back into the rear of the building over more trash and busted down doorways. The stairs had been ripped out long ago and a system of old fire escape ladders was the only thing to get up or down on. The building looked like what we would live in should the bomb go off.
The people who lived there were just camping out mostly punks, bums and fringe types, that weren’t really interested in working on the place or buying it from the city – we stayed and talked + smoked cigarettes for a while anyways. I was sitting on the last available chair like surface in the room which was a cage turned on it’s side with a rat on the inside. Guess we’re not gonna live there.
19) I cut all my hair off, real short.
20) David Byrne hasn’t had us over for lunch yet.
21) Everybody communicates through their answering machines here.
22) Today is Tuesday, the 10th or 15th or somewhere around there. It’s after midnight I have to go to work in the morning.
23) The $10.00 is for busfare for the typewriter Jud. Could you ship it out for us on the greyhound to the Port Authority – Stick it in a box if you could. Please, we’d really like to have it. Address is Ray Abeyta … E. St NY NY 10009 PH# (my work) xxx – xxx- xxxx – Ask them to have New York call me. Thanks
24) Scratch you cats later.
*WI Note: I have left all incorrect spellings in order to preserve the integrity of this letter.
There are a lot of things wrong with this song…
a) Needs to be re-recorded and mixed properly.
b) Colin’s bass needs to be synced with Craig’s guitar.
c) It is a cover tune.
d) There are TONS of arrangement errors.
This song first arrived into my life through an unlikely source. Memories travel back to a troupe of young brownie scouts who lined up on stage with their smiling faces, and whom sang so beautifully to a room full of gleaming adults. Their performance being what initially prompted my desire to record Barges, and why it even exists in my music archives to date…
Today really seemed appropriate to post, despite the fact that it is not completed.
An internet pal died this week. Someone whom I’ve never met in person – But, someone who was able to surpass physical barriers, by making a lasting imprint on my mind. A uniquely informative individual…
I not only enjoyed his virtual contributions, and online presence- Mac presented an even balance to our verbal communications. He was a complete gentleman anytime we spoke.
This song Barges is also linked to an old, and extremely dear friend, who is now deceased by many years: Craig Ellis. Those who have followed my journal through the years will recall that I have spoken about Craig before. To those new here: Craig is someone who will always remain a dear friend for life, even if he is no longer present. Together, we wrote years upon years of original music, dating back through the 90′s – Music that I am only now able to return for the reworking of.
If you have ever lost anyone close, then you understand what makes it so fucking painful to face these devastating associations.
I am now posting this unfinished/unmixed song because???
Well, maybe it stems from an overbearing sadness of not knowing what comes after death?
My melancholy is left wishing that it did not happen, and further fueled by a disbelief of their absence from life.
I am not a religious person…I am just VERY fucking sad they are no longer here.
“This tattered vessel arrives to dock the shores briefly. Two friends passing by en queue, with me tearfully singing along to their departure. This token of my remembrance exists only as symbolism to reconnect past, present and future tense. My hand outstretched, and waving goodbye to such fine impressionists, who have made kind moments even kinder through the sharing of information.”
This song is what I was working on when the shocking news of Mac arrived.
So, unfinished…YES. Though, hand delivered with all love and condolences: Right on time.
Thanks, Craig and Mac Tonnies for your offerings in friendship.
You are gravely missed on this end~